Leon (settlement) adopted in the 18th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1924. Subsequently changed to St. Leon (steamer landing & settlement). "St. Leon (not Leon, Leon Hot Springs, nor St. Leon Hot Springs), steamer landing & settlement" identified in the 1930 BC Gazetteer. Name rescinded 9 May 1974 following expansion of Upper Arrow Lake behind the Columbia River dams. See St. Leon Hot Springs.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office