Incorporated 1 January 1909, called The Corporation of the District of Peachland. "Peachland (Municipal District)" adopted in the 18th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1924, as labelled on BC Lands' map 1EM, 1915. Incorrectly changed to Peachland (Town) 6 October 1936 on Geological Survey sheet 420A, Kelowna. Form of name changed back to Peachland (District Municipality) 6 October 1955 on 82SW in keeping with incorporated status.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Founded and named for its horticulture by John Moore Robinson who promoted a land subdivision and an irrigation system in 1897. Previous name, Camp Hewitt, a mining camp named after Augustus ("Gus") Hewitt, prospector and logger in the early 1890's; about 1898 he ran the hotel at Okanagan Landing. Peachland Post Office was opened 1 December 1898. The District was incorporated 1 January 1909; W.A. Lang first reeve (12th Report of the Okanagan Historical Society, 1948).