Karlukwees (Indian Village) adopted 4 September 1947 on C.3584. Form of name changed to Karlukwees (Locality) 29 November 1984. Form of name changed to Karlukwees (abandoned locality) 6 March 1992 in BC records, as identified in Sailing Directions and as confirmed by Forest Service, Port McNeill. Approved by Department of Indian and Northern Affairs, 4 October 2001 on 92L/9. This feature is now identified as a "former Indian Village" in BC records and on BC maps.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office