Origin Notes and History:
District of Mission incorporated 14 July 1892. "Mission (Municipal District)" adopted in the 18th Report of the Geographic Board of Canada, 31 March 1924, p.357. Amalgamation of the adjacent Town of Mission City and the District of Mission per Order in Council 1 November 1969, the new District Municipality to be called District of Mission.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office