Established per Order in Council 553, 16 March 1956, containing 368 acres. Area decreased per OIC 3346, 7 October 1970, the whole containing 367 acres. Boundary redescribed per Bill 17: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 12 June 2000, the whole now containing 143 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Established per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 154 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
After John Halton Bromley, a former prospector for gold, who started farming in the 1890's.
Source: Akrigg, Helen B. and Akrigg, G.P.V; British Columbia Place Names; Sono Nis Press, Victoria 1986 /or University of British Columbia Press 1997