Established by Order in Council 980, 4 April 1966. Area expanded per OIC 2249, 4 July 1974, the whole now containing 423 acres. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 170 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office