Established by Order-in-Council 1294, 31 May 1957. Area reduced per OIC 3436, 27 October 1969, the whole now containing 218,461 acres more or less. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 88,420 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office