Established by Order in Council 119, 31 January 1936; area reduced (to create Mount Seymour Recreation Area) per OIC 2339, 12 November 1981. Recreation Area cancelled and re-amalgamated within park per OIC 393/89, 21 March 1989. Redescribed per OIC 259, 19 February 1992; deletion of road right-of-ways per OIC 966, 14 July 1994, the whole now containing 3508 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole still containing 3508 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office