Established by Order in Council 1611, 9 December 1921, containing 100.87 acres. Area increased per OIC 781/1956 and OIC 2614/1961, and OIC 715/1962. Further boundary changes per OIC 1184/1989 and OIC 1480/1993. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 173 ha. more or less. Name changed 16 May 2019 to ȽÁU,WELṈEW̱ / John Dean Park per Bill 16-2019: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act.
Source: BC place name cards & correspondence, and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff.