Established per Order in Council 533, 16 March 1956. Addition per OIC 955, 26 April 1957. Further addition to include foreshore per Park Amendment Act 1997, 23 July 1997, the whole now containing 213 ha (165 ha. of upland and 48 ha. of foreshore). Redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 180 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office