Osoyoos Park was established by Order in Council on 25 January 1939. Area decreased per OIC 2200, 24 September 1958. Name changed to Haynes Point Park per OIC 1333, 17 May 1962. Area increased per OIC 870, 12 May 1988; the whole now containing 38 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing approximately 38 hectares (13 hectares of upland and 25 hectares of foreshore). Name changed to sẁiẁs Park [a.k.a. Haynes Point Park] per Bill 8-2015: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 25 March 2015. Name changed to sẁiẁs Park per Bill 15-2016: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 19 May 2016.
Source: BC place name cards & correspondence, and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff.