Established by Order in Council 2055, 10 September 1959, containing 303 acres. Area increased (per OIC 513/61) to 5322 acres, covering 3 sites. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 209.63 ha. more or less. Redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole containing approximately 230 hectares (229 hectares of upland and 1 hectare of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office