Comaplix

Feature Type:Former Locality - A once-populated place with no current population, or that is usually uninhabited
Status:
Relative Location: NE side of Beaton Arm Upper Arrow Lake, Kootenay Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 50°45'00''N, 117°46'00''W at the approximate population centre of this feature.
Datum: NAD27
NTS Map: 82K/12

Origin Notes and History:

Comaplix Post Office was opened 15 December 1899; closed 15 July 1915. The name is a corruption of the Indian name for the nearby river, Incomappleux. "Nothing at this site now but cement piers." (September 1951 advice from Land Inspection Officer). Decision to delete name 4 October 1951 on Columbia River Basin manuscript 21 (file C.2.51)

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office