Von Donop Marine Park established by Order in Council 1593, 2 December 1993. Name changed to "Háthayim Park (a.k.a. Von Donop Marine Park)" per Bill 53: Park Amendment Act 1995, 13 July 1995, containing 1,277 ha. Name further changed to "Háthayim Marine Park (a.k.a. Von Donop Marine Park)" per Bill 29: Park Amendment Act 1997, 23 July 1997, to reflect BC Parks Branch naming conventions for provincial marine parks.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office