Campbell Creek

Feature Type:Community - An unincorporated populated place, generally with a population of 50 or more, and having a recognized central area that might contain a post office, store and/or community hall, etc, intended for the use of the general public in the region.
Status: Lookup the official name
Relative Location: SE side of Kamloops, S of South Thompson River, Kamloops Division Yale Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 50°38'59"N, 120°10'04"W at the approximate population centre of this feature.
Datum: WGS84
NTS Map: 92I/9

Origin Notes and History:

Campbell Creek Post Office opened 1 June 1905; re-named Barnhartvale Post Office 1 June 1909.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

Campbell Creek (Post Office) was named after a settler called Campbell; Barnhartvale is after P.A. Barnhar(d)t, first postmaster at Barnhartvale. At the time it closed, the Post Office was situated partially on L457 and on SE 1/4 Sec 27, Tp 19, R 16.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office