Adopted 5 August 1948 on 92F/5, as an established local name, and as labelled on BC map 2A, 1913, and identified in 1930 BC Gazetteer.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"On Big Interior Mountain in 1913 a party of investors from South Africa and England, including the 9th Earl of Denbigh, his daughter Lady Marjorie Feilding [sic] and Sir James Siverwright [sic], climbed to the summit to investigate the mine they purchased and in the process christened one of its summits "Marjories Load." Although not very romantic, it has since become known by that name again." (Naming Peaks on Vancouver Island by Lindsay Elms, Alpine Club of Canada/Vancouver Island Section, newsletter, September 2008.