Barkerville Historic Park established per Order in Council 26, 12 January 1959. Area increased to 160.23 acres per OIC 457, 24 February 1960. Area increased to 1130 acres per OIC 3215, 2 October 1973. Barkerville Historic Park dissolved per Order in Council #1950, 20 October 1988, and two properties created: Barkerville Park (Provincial Park) and Barkerville Historic Town (Provincial Heritage Property).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
1130 acres: extends southeast from the east boundary of Wells, surrounding Williams Creek and the Barkerville townsite, and extending up Conklin Gulch; an additional small section of the park surrounds the junction of Emory and Stout Gulches just west above the townsite.
Source: BC place name cards, files, correspondence and/or research by BC Chief Geographer/Geographical Names Office.