Halkett Bay Park established as a provincial park by Order-in-Council 1151, 16 June 1988. Name changed to Halkett Bay Marine Park (provincial park) 22 August 1988 on 92G/6. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000, to be known as Halkett Bay Park (provincial marine park); the whole containing 309 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole still containing approximately 309 hectares (290 hectares of land and 19 hectares of foreshore). Redescribed per Bill 15-2016: Protected Areas of BC Amendment Act, 19 May 2016, to be known as Halkett Bay Marine Park, the whole containing approximately 448 hectares (293 hectares of upland and 155 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office