Squitty Bay Park was established by Order in Council 1153, 16 June 1988. Name changed to Squitty Bay Marine Park 22 August 1988 on 92F/8, as instructed by BC Parks. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and name identified as Squitty Bay Park, per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 13 ha. more or less. Boundary extended per Bill 10-2009: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 20 October 2009; the whole now containing approximately 52 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office