Kings Peak adopted 6 January 1949 on 92F/13, as labelled on BC map 2C, 1919, and as listed in the 1930 BC Gazetteer.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
"Named for Michael and James King, members of the Price Ellison 1910 expedition into what would become Strathcona Provincial Park."(information provided March 1989 by longtime Comox resident Betty Brooks, citing earlier published histories compiled by her husband Allan C. Brooks.) [note that these men are not identified amongst the members of the 1910 party, compiled by the surveyor-in-charge, W.J.H.Holmes, BCLS.]