Established by Order in Council 291, 24 January 1974. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 59 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 55 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Property acquired originally in 1885 by James George French, a brother of Field Marshall Lord French, Commander-in-Chief of the British Army in the First World War.
Source: BC place name cards & correspondence, and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff.