Established by Bill 53: Park Amendment Act 1995, 13 July 1993. Area added per OIC 601/96, 30 April 1996. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 1219 ha. more or less. Redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole containing approximately 1207 hectares (966 hectares of upland and 241 hectares of foreshore). Area expanded per Bill 49-2012: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 31 May 2012, the whole containing approximately 1280 hectares (955 hectares of upland and 325 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office