Established by Bill 174, 18 May 1973. Area expanded per OIC 869, 12 May 1988. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 72,641 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 10-2009: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 20 October 2009; the whole now containing approximately 69,071 hectares (66,961 of upland and 2,110 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office