Codville Lagoon Marine Park was established per OIC 1495/92, 16 September 1992; confirmed on 12 November 1992 on 93D/4. Merged with Sagar Lake Provincial Park, the expanded park still to be called Codville Lagoon Marine Park, per Bill 53: Park Amendment Act 1995, 13 July 1995, the whole now containing 755 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 24-2007\4: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 3 May 2007; the whole containing approximately 867 hectares (520 hectares of upland and 347 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office