Athalmer Beach Park established by Order in Council 584, 1 March 1979. Name changed to James Chabot Park per OIC 1157, 26 July 1990. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 14 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office