Yoho National Park was established in 1886 by Order in Council. " Parc national de Yoho" was adopted 4 June 1985 (Ottawa file 203-19). French form of the name changed to "Parc national Yoho" 31 March 1986 by Parks Canada. "Yoho National Park" and "Parc national Yoho" were confirmed 30 June 1989 by Parks Canada. The expanded forms "Yoho National Park of Canada" and "Parc national du Canada Yoho" are identified in the publication Canada's Geographical Names Approved in English and French, published August 2002 by the Geographical Names Board of Canada.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office