Camelsfoot Mountains adopted 6 October 1936 on Geological Survey sheet 408A, at 50 50 - 121 59 as labelled on Geological Survey sheet 556, Kamloops, 1895, and on Dominion Sectional sheet 111, Kamloops, 1916, and as identified in the 1930 BC Gazetteer (file A.1.36). Form of name changed to Camelsfoot Range 2 March 1950 on 92I. Application altered (extension of northwesterly limits to include Nine Mile Ridge and Red Mountain) 27 October 1965 on 92O, to 51 00 - 122 10 as identified in BC Mines Bulletin 48, Landforms of British Columbia, by S. Holland (file T.6.54). Coordinates further adjusted 17 April 1990 to reflect the approximate geographical centre of the range.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office