Newcastle Island Park established per Order in Council 2615, 17 October 1961, containing 745 acres more or less. Area increased per OIC 1310, 24 May 1963. Amalgamated with Newcastle Island Recreation Area and name changed to Newcastle Island Marine Park per OIC 397, 21 March 1989, the whole containing 306 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 336 hectares (302 hectares of upland and 34 hectares of foreshore) more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 363 hectares (334 hectares of upland and 29 hectares of foreshore).
363 hectares (334 hectares of upland and 29 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office