Plumper Cove Park established by Order in Council 430, 22 February 1960. Name changed to Plumper Cove Marine Park 22 August 1988 on 92G/6. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 57 hectares (34 hectares of upland and 23 hectares of foreshore) more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 66 hectares (33 hectares of upland and 33 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office