Princess Louisa Park was established by Order in Council 1814, 24 June 1965. Name changed to Princess Louisa Marine Park 22 August 1988 on 92J/4. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 65 hectares (38 hectares of upland and 27 hectares of foreshore) more or less. Boundary extended per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole containing approximately 964 hectares (936 hectares of upland and 27 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office