Established by Order in Council 1152, 16 June 1988. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 12 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Donated to the province in July 1987 by Lawrence Killam, Westport Beach Estates; he requested that the park be named after Percy Sandwell, Jr., an early BC resident now deceased. (July 2006 advice from BC Parks)