Pennask Lake Park established by Order in Council 1507, 2 May 1974. Status and name changed to Pennask Lake Recreation Area per OIC 237, 23 January 1975. Status changed back to provincial park and name changed back to Pennask Lake Park per OIC 392, 21 March 1989, the whole containing 244 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole still containing containing approximately 244 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office