Established by Order in Council #1498, 6 June 1961, containing 297,301 acres more or less. Area Increased per OIC 3161, 2 October 1969 and per OIC 3019, 19 August 1971; the whole now containing 304,155 acres more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and boundary redescribed per Bill 17: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act (schedule D), 12 June 2000, the whole now containing 139,700 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office