"Montague Harbour Park" established by Order in Council 433, 6 March 1959. Boundary extended per OIC 2023, 27 July 1978, the whole containing 10 ha. more or less. Name changed to Montague Harbour Marine Park 15 April 1982 on 92 B/14, as identified in BC Parks files, maps and literature. Montague Harbour Marine Park redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 97 hectares (67 hectares of upland and 30 hectares of foreshore) more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 102 hectares (70 hectares of upland and 32 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office