Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Construction of the dame began in 1951 and became operational in 1954; this was the largest rockfill dam in the world until the W. A. C. Bennett Dam was built on the Peace River in the 1960s (source: Wikipedia)
Source: included with note
Named for then-Minister of Lands and Forests Hon. Edward T. Kenney.
Source: BC place name cards, correspondence and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff.