Established per Order in Council 2770, 5 October 1965, the whole containing 2430 acres more or less. Expanded per OIC 2767, 29 August 1968, the whole now containing 2512 acres more or less. Boundary redescribed per OIC 1201/90 (date not cited). Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 970 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office