Rebecca Spit Park established by Order in Council 1575, 7 July 1959. Area increased per OIC 920, 25 March 1969. Form of name changed to Rebecca Spit Marine Park 15 June 1982 on 92 K/3. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 177 ha. (22 hectares of upland and 155 hectares of foreshore) more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office