Established by Order in Council 2931, 11 September 1975, containing 2200 acres. Area expanded per OIC 870, 12 May 1988 and OIC 1183, 10 August 1989, the whole now containing 978 ha. more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 978 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office