Established per Order in Council 533, 16 March 1956. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and boundary redescribed per Bill 17: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 12 June 2000; the whole containing 6 ha. more or less. Redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 8.2 hectares (3.6 hectares of upland and 4.6 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office