Origin Notes and History:
|
Ingenika Range was adopted 23 April 1940 on 94 D, and 31 October 1942 on 94 C at 56 31-125 41, as established on BC Map 1H, 1917 and BC Map 1L, 1929. Altered application 7 December 1950 on 94 C and 5 April 1951 to 56 40-125 50. Confirmed 4 June 1953 on 94 C. Altered application 3 July 1990 to 56 41 00-125 42 40. Named in association with Ingenika River, Ingenika Cone, and Ingenika Crag.
Source: BC place name cards & correspondence, and/or research by BC Chief Geographer & Geographical Names Office staff, file A.1.42.
|
|