Established per Order in Council 646, 16 March 1956. Area increased per OIC 1171/57, 22 May 1957, the whole now containing 36.75 acres. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 15 ha. more or less. Boundary extended per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 29 hectares (15 hectares of upland and 14 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office