Beaver Pass House

Feature Type:Locality - A named place or area, generally with a scattered population of 50 or less.
Status:
Name Authority: BC Geographical Names Office
Relative Location: N side Lightning Creek, W of Wells and Barkerville, Cariboo Land District
Latitude-Longitude: 53°04'25''N, 121°51'20''W at the approximate population centre of this feature.
Datum: NAD27
NTS Map: 93H/4

Origin Notes and History:

Adopted 24 March 1936 on Geological Survey sheet 335A, Willow River, as labelled on Amos Bowman's 1885 map of the Cariboo Mining District, and on BC map 3G, 1919 & 1935 (file W.1.35).

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

A former road house established during the Cariboo gold rush. "Beaver Pass" identified in 1961 census, population 17; by August 1965 the Beaver Pass roadhouse had collapsed, but a coffee shop & gas station had been built near the former roadhouse.

Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office