Established as a Class C provincial park per Order in Council, 14 September 1934; re-established as a Class A provincial park per OIC 1832, 25 June 1964. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 12 June 2000; the whole containing 312 ha. more or less. Redescribed in Bill 50-2004: Parks and
Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May
2004; the whole containing approximately 330 hectares (312 hectares of upland and 18 hectares of foreshore).
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office