Established by Order in Council 1793, 11 July 1963. Redescribed per OIC 2540/87. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 51 ha. more or less. Boundary redescribed per Bill 15: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 19 May 2010. Redescribed per Bill 19-2018: Protected Areas of British Columbia Amendment Act, 15 May 2018, the whole now containing approximately 55 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office