"McGillivray" identified as a station in 1928 PGE timetable, named in association with Mount McGillivray. McGillivray Falls Post Office opened 1 June 1929. PGE agreed in 1951 to change their station name to McGillivray Falls, to match post office name. Station not listed in timetables April 1958 onward. Post office closed 3 May 1961.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office