Little Qualicum Falls Park established per Order in Council 1681, 20 December 1940, surrounding Little Qualicum Falls and a corridor adjacent to Little Qualicum River, the whole containing 249 acres more or less. Area increased per OIC 270, 1 February 1962, and per OIC 809, 24 March 1964, the whole now containing 365 acres more or less. Area increased by 733 acres (formerly Cameron Lake Park) and an additional 134 acre corridor to the northwest per OIC 2215, 30 June 1970, the whole now containing 1238 acres more or less. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 440 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office