Established per Order in Council 1971, 3 September 1959. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 58 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office
Named in association with nearby CPR Station called "Ryan," in turn after an early hotelkeeper at Cranbrook.
Source: BC place name cards, files, correspondence and/or research by BC Chief Geographer/Geographical Names Office.