Established by Order in Council 3284, 28 October 1977. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation and area added per Bill 53: Park Amendment Act 1995, 13 July 1995, the whole now containing 8429 ha. more or less. Redescribed per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 8775 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office