Established by Order in Council 1305, 20 April 1967, containing 265.5 acres more or less. Area increased per OIC 2 June 1969, the whole now containing 859 acres. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 347 ha. more or less.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office