Established by Order in Council 2017, 18 June 1974, containing 1200 acres more or less. Redescribed per OIC 1201/90. Conversion of OIC to Statute designation per Bill 17-2000: Protected Areas of British Columbia Act, 29 June 2000; the whole containing 486 ha. more or less. Area expanded per Bill 50-2004: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 17 May 2004; the whole now containing approximately 494 hectares. Area expanded per Bill 24-2007: Parks and Protected Areas Statutes Amendment Act, 3 May 2007; the whole now containing approximately 529 hectares.
Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office